Our first initiative:
Purchase and renovate the Sunflower Grocery Store and convert the store into a Community Owned Grocery Store. As a Community Owned Grocery Store, both current and former residents will donate to and/or invest in a newly created Corporation called Eudora Restoration, Inc. This Corporation will be purchasing the store. Listed below is a summary of the action items that will be taken in order to acquire the grocery store.
- Get the Grocery Store (including all Equipment) inspected by licensed Professional Contractors
- Incorporate the Business (Eudora Restoration, Inc., an Arkansas Corporation) that will acquire Sunflower and set-up the company’s Bank Account (at a bank located in Eudora)
(The Angel Investors’ donations will not be returned if the purchase is not finalized because their funds will be used to take care of the Start-up costs!)
- Collect the initial funds to cover the start-up costs (Deposit, Utility bill, Filings, etc.) from the Angel Investors and deposit the funds in the bank
- Get the Purchase Agreement approved and signed by the current owner
- Meet with the Eudora community to discuss the project and to continue to build community support (April 11th @8am)
- Kick-off the Crowd Funding campaign to raise the Capital needed to purchase the Sunflower Grocery store
- Finalize the Business Acquisition and the work required to open the Community Owned Grocery Store!!
- All Donors and Investors (except for Angel Investors) will have their contributed funds returned to them if the Sunflower Grocery store purchase is not finalized in 2020.